This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9189 / 51°55'8"N
Longitude: 0.4843 / 0°29'3"E
OS Eastings: 570948
OS Northings: 227401
OS Grid: TL709274
Mapcode National: GBR PH7.P83
Mapcode Global: VHJJ9.B1X9
Entry Name: Barn Approximately 40 Metres North West of Little's Farmhouse
Listing Date: 19 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337842
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115593
Location: Shalford, Braintree, Essex, CM7
Civil Parish: Shalford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Shalford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 72 NW SHALFORD SHALFORD GREEN
3/74 Barn approx. 40 metres
north-west of Little's
Barn. C18. Timber framed, plastered and weatherboarded, roof thatched. 5 bays
with midstrey facing SE. Lean-to extension to left of midstrey, roofed with
dark red pantiles. 2 C20 windows to right of midstrey, diamond leaded.
Inscription TL 1843 in plaster over great doors, referring to Thomas Legerton.
Main roof and midstrey roof half-hipped. Main frame of long straight oak
timber, probably imported, jointed and pegged. Primary straight bracing.
Face-halved and bladed scarfs in top plates. Bolted knees to tiebeams. Clasped
purlin roof with collars at half-bay intervals.
Listing NGR: TL7094827401
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings