This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.936 / 51°56'9"N
Longitude: 0.6555 / 0°39'19"E
OS Eastings: 582649
OS Northings: 229720
OS Grid: TL826297
Mapcode National: GBR QJL.QJG
Mapcode Global: VHJJ6.9LXQ
Entry Name: Bluebridge House
Listing Date: 7 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337934
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115981
Location: Greenstead Green and Halstead Rural, Braintree, Essex, CO9
Civil Parish: Greenstead Green and Halstead
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Greenstead Green
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 82 NW GREENSTEAD GREEN AND COLCHESTER ROAD
HALSTEAD RURAL (north-east side)
5/142 Bluebridge House
House. Early and late C18, of earlier origin. Red brick in Flemish bond with
strips of blue-grey headers, roofed with handmade red plain tiles. Double range
plan facing W with internal end stacks in front range. 2 storeys with attics.
5-window range of sashes of 12 lights with flat arches of rubbed brick, frames
set slightly back from wall plane. Central 6-panel door with fanlight in late
C18 porch with open pediment on columns with neo-classical capitals. Stone
plaque over porch with the date 1714, the name of the then owner John Morley,
and the arms of the Butchers' Company. Narrow brick pilasters frame each end
and the central bay. Brick band between storeys and brick eaves cornice with
dogtooth course. Parapet gables. Incorporates some C17 timber framing of an
earlier structure. One room has late C18 panelling. Staircase has original C18
handrail and twisted balusters. RCHM 4.
Listing NGR: TL8264929720
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings