This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9887 / 51°59'19"N
Longitude: 0.5977 / 0°35'51"E
OS Eastings: 578465
OS Northings: 235439
OS Grid: TL784354
Mapcode National: GBR QHY.7Y0
Mapcode Global: VHJHZ.98VS
Entry Name: The Vicarage, Including Section of Curved Wall Attached to Left and Right of House
Listing Date: 21 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1338045
English Heritage Legacy ID: 114614
Location: Castle Hedingham, Braintree, Essex, CO9
Civil Parish: Castle Hedingham
Built-Up Area: Castle Hedingham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Castle Hedingham St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 78 35 CASTLE HEDINGHAM QUEEN STREET (EAST SIDE)
8/94 No. 15 (The Vicarage)
including section of curved
21 6 52 wall attached to left and
right of house.
House. C18. Red brick. Double range red plain tiled roof with curved gables.
3 storeys and basement. Parapet front with centre breaking forward. Brick
modillion cornice and stucco bands between storeys. Stucco rusticated quoins.
2:1:2 window range of mainly small paned vertically sliding sashes with gauged
brick arches. Venetian window to centre of first floor above which is a semi-
elliptical window of 5 segments with glazed upper margin. Approached by 6
central steps is a fine Ionic porch with columns, moulded frieze and dentilled
soffits to pediment. 6 panelled door. Matching windows to right and left.
Red brick walls approx. 1.5 metres high, each with 4 recessed arches and plain
pillars curve forward from the left and right corners of the house to the road
Listing NGR: TL7846535439
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings