History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cherry Garden Farmhouse and Outbuilding Attached

A Grade II Listed Building in Goudhurst, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1186 / 51°7'7"N

Longitude: 0.4807 / 0°28'50"E

OS Eastings: 573713

OS Northings: 138409

OS Grid: TQ737384

Mapcode National: GBR PSX.VRC

Mapcode Global: VHJN5.84ZS

Entry Name: Cherry Garden Farmhouse and Outbuilding Attached

Listing Date: 20 June 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1338722

English Heritage Legacy ID: 169550

Location: Goudhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN17

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Goudhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Goudhurst

Listing Text

GOUDHURST JARVIS LANE
TQ 73 NW (west side)

5/200
Cherry Garden Farmhouse
20.6.67 and outbuilding attached

GV II
House. C16, altered and extended c.1904. Timber framed and clad with red and
blue chequered brick and weather boarding, with part plastered rear wing. Plain
tiled roofs. Lobby entry plan. Two storeys garret and basement with plinth and
half-hipped roof with stacks moulded and clustered to centre right, and to rear
left and to rear right. Three light leaded wooden casements and 2 light to centre
right on each floor, and basement opening to left. Boarded doors to left and to
right with flat hoods, the original entry in front of the main stack. Rear range
added 1904, built and possibly designed by Davis and Leaney, a local builders
firm. Jettied bargeboarded gable to roadside (left return) with mullion and tran-
somed windows. The rear, garden front with mullioned and transomed windows,
central door and bay window and gabled dormers. Interior: chamfered beams to
framed section, with inglenook and stone-lined basement/cellar, remains of
service-bay plan. Attached and projecting at end right is a single storey build-
ing of red brick and plain tiled roof, with steeply hipped roof, 2 half-doors and
wooden casement, a bakehouse or brewhouse in origin.


Listing NGR: TQ7377538486

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.