This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1077 / 51°6'27"N
Longitude: 0.3481 / 0°20'53"E
OS Eastings: 564474
OS Northings: 136890
OS Grid: TQ644368
Mapcode National: GBR NRL.JTR
Mapcode Global: VHHQM.ZFD5
Entry Name: Stable Courtyard About 20 Metres North East of Bayham Abbey
Listing Date: 10 October 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1338794
English Heritage Legacy ID: 169966
Location: Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
District: Tunbridge Wells
Civil Parish: Lamberhurst
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Lamberhurst St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
LAMBERHURST BAYHAM ABBEY
TQ 63 NW
2/129 Stable Courtyard about 20
metres north east of
Stable courtyard, now apartments. 1870 for Lord Camden, David Brandon, architect,
converted 1985. Red brick with ashlar dressings and slate roof. Two storey block on
plinth with quoins to kneelered parapet gabled roof with central kneelered gable and
stacks ranged left to right. Central clock turret with ogee dome and spirelet to
weather vane. Six sashes to first floor and 5 cross windows to ground floor with
central segmentally arched carriage entrance, with boarded doors within passageway.
Inner courtyard, a single storey rear wing, with continuous range of carriage doors.
Listing NGR: TQ6629036831
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings