This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1807 / 51°10'50"N
Longitude: -1.4773 / 1°28'38"W
OS Eastings: 436631
OS Northings: 142510
OS Grid: SU366425
Mapcode National: GBR 72Y.Z5Y
Mapcode Global: VHC2Z.BLV8
Entry Name: Length of Boundary Walling to Martins (Also Called Mandalay) and Posthouse About 30m South of St Peters Church
Listing Date: 15 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1339313
English Heritage Legacy ID: 139771
Location: Goodworth Clatford, Test Valley, Hampshire, SP11
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Goodworth Clatford
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Goodworth Clatford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 34 SE GOODWORTH CLATFORD CHURCH LANE
Length of boundary
3/62 walling to Martins
30 metres south
of St Peters
Boundary wall, formerly to the Glebe House (not included on list). C19 or earlier.
Chalk cob, rendered, on brick base, with pitched covering of double Roman clay
tiles crowned with purpose-made clay ridge. Wall averages 2.5 metres high, and
extends for about 80 metres, with curved corner to a return toward Posthouse
(not included in the list), into which is set a G VI R letter box. The wall
is an important visual element in the village, and screens some late C20 buildings
from the listed group of Manor Farm (qv) and the Church of St Peter (qv).
Listing NGR: SU3655042327
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings