This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0031 / 52°0'11"N
Longitude: -1.8611 / 1°51'40"W
OS Eastings: 409630
OS Northings: 233864
OS Grid: SP096338
Mapcode National: GBR 3ML.B9T
Mapcode Global: VHB17.PXG8
Entry Name: Two Gardenhouses, About 8 Metres North of Dovecote, Snowshill Manor
Listing Date: 4 July 1960
Last Amended: 7 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340083
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134832
Location: Snowshill, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, WR12
Civil Parish: Snowshill
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stanton and Snowshill
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SNOWSHILL SNOWSHILL VILLAGE
12/51 Two Garden Houses, about 8m north of
4.7.60 dovecote, Snowshill Manor (formerly
listed as part of Snowshill Manor
with dovecote and garden buildings)
Former cowhouses, now Garden Houses. Late C18, early to mid C19,
altered probably between 1919 and 1923 for and by C.P. Wade.
Random rubble walls, larger quoins, oak posts, stone slate roof.
Four and 3 bay, originally open-fronted buildings at right-angles
to each other, joined at corner, one partly lofted. On left,
later building: end gable wall on left, low sill wall, partly
retaining garden, of thin rubble, above oak sill and paired posts
to wallplate. Internally, stone sett floor, door in each gable by
back wall to former feeding passage, central tie-beam and collar
truss, each side truss tie beam and raking struts, no principal
rafters; 1 pair purlins, plank ridge. To right, earlier
building, central doorway, low sill wall with posts to wallplate
each side, end gable wall on right. Above arch in gabled dormer,
framed Roman Doric pilasters, pediment over.
Interior, stone sett floor, 3-bay roof, collar and tie beam
trusses, 1 pair butt purlins, plank ridge: loft to right-hand end.
Front walls and present oak framing and dormer inserted by C.P.
Wade. Form group with dovecote and Manor House (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SP0963033864
Other nearby listed buildings