This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9248 / 51°55'29"N
Longitude: -2.2653 / 2°15'55"W
OS Eastings: 381852
OS Northings: 225178
OS Grid: SO818251
Mapcode National: GBR 0J1.B2Q
Mapcode Global: VH93Y.PW99
Entry Name: Hobbs Monument, in the Churchyard, About 1.5 Metres West of Priest's Door on South Side, Church of St Andrew and St Bartholomew
Listing Date: 26 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340322
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134314
Location: Ashleworth, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL19
Civil Parish: Ashleworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashleworth St Andrew and St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ASHLEWORTH QUAY LANE
7/23 Hobbs monument, in the churchyard,
about 1.5m west of priest's door on
south side, Church of St. Andrew &
Chest tomb. John Hobbs, died 1747. Stone. Flat lid, moulded
edge, sides framed by pendant strap of flowers, fielded panel
(different stone end on north side). Ends fielded panels with
scalloped corners, leaf decoration in scallops east end, winged
cherubs' heads west. Moulded base. Good lettering, flourishes
added to some words: later inscriptions.
Listing NGR: SO8185425178
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings