This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7259 / 51°43'33"N
Longitude: -2.1244 / 2°7'27"W
OS Eastings: 391506
OS Northings: 203026
OS Grid: SO915030
Mapcode National: GBR 1MW.PQW
Mapcode Global: VH950.4W99
Entry Name: Frampton Place
Listing Date: 28 June 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340388
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132624
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Oakridge St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 9103 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT GOLDEN VALLEY
17/68 Frampton Place
Large detached house. Early Cl7; early C19 additions. Random
rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys; stone slate roof. Central
house: 2-storey with attic. Two-storey additions to east and west
forming long range. North side: cross gabled C17 house at centre
retaining original 2-light recessed cavetto mullioned attic
casement with hoodmould. Single-window fenestration below, both
leaded iron casements, each having 2 timber lintels set one above
another. Indications of altered openings to create this
fenestration. Chimney with cavetto moulded cap to west gable of
C17 house. Range extended to right in early C19 with 3-window
leaded casement fenestration, all with timber lintels. Doorway
below left upper floor casement has plank door and gabled timber
porch. Earlier addition to left has projecting chimney gable;
later outshut below with lean-to roof. South side: more original
fenestration to C17 house, all recessed cavetto mullioned with
hoodmoulds, 3-light to ground and upper floors, 2-light to attic.
Mullioned fenestration to 3-window west range to left, 2 and 3-
light, mostly restored. Timber gabled porch as on north side.
Restored 3-light casement to east range; leaded iron casement
above with timber lintel. Outbuilding range returns to north at
west end. Interior not inspected. Parts of building are thought
to be medieval in origin, but extensive C17 rebuilding has
destroyed most of the early fabric. Early C19 alterations
probably executed by the local architect Thomas Baker, his initials
and date 1829 being on an outbuilding.
(N.M. Herbert, 'Bisley' in V.C.H. Glos xi, 1976, pp 4-40; M.A.
Rudd, Historical Records of Bisley with Lypiatt, 1937; and D.
Verey, Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, 1979
Listing NGR: SO9150603026
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings