This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7519 / 51°45'6"N
Longitude: -2.1395 / 2°8'22"W
OS Eastings: 390466
OS Northings: 205917
OS Grid: SO904059
Mapcode National: GBR 1MN.5X3
Mapcode Global: VH94Z.V7SC
Entry Name: Old Post Office
Listing Date: 28 June 1960
Last Amended: 24 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340391
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132637
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Built-Up Area: Bisley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bisley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 9005 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT HIGH STREET, Bisley Village
13/80 Old Post Office
(previously listed as Post Office)
House on end of row. Mid C18; early and mid C19 alterations.
Coursed and squared limestone front, random rubble to end gable;
ashlar and artificial stone chimneys; concrete tile roof. Two-
storey with attic. Front: original 3-window fenestration
surviving on upper floor, all 2-light chamfered mullioned
casements. Three-light ground floor casement to left. Central
doorway with stone lintel and 6-panel fielded door; C20 inserted
flanking single-light casements. Enlarged window opening to right,
formerly with sash, now with C20 casement. Coved stone eaves.
South end: gable-mounted chimney with moulded cap. Off-centre
leaded attic casement. Rear: gabled wing with brick chimney.
Interior: refitted in Regency period, doorcases, windows and
fireplace being reeded with corner roundels. Six-panel moulded
doors. Panelled shutters to former sash window.
Listing NGR: SO9046605917
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings