This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7214 / 51°43'16"N
Longitude: -2.1569 / 2°9'24"W
OS Eastings: 389258
OS Northings: 202526
OS Grid: SO892025
Mapcode National: GBR 1N1.1HJ
Mapcode Global: VH94Z.KZLS
Entry Name: Offices (Building No2) at Chalford Industrial Estate with Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 24 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340413
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132875
Location: Chalford, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Chalford
Built-Up Area: Chalford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chalford Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8802-8902 CHALFORD LONDON ROAD
13/81 Offices (Building No 2) at
Chalford Industrial Estate
with boundary wall
Former house, now offices. Early-mid C16, extended early C18.
Later mill building wing now demolished. Coursed and dressed
limestone; concrete block rebuilt chimneys; concrete tile roof.
Two-storey. South front: central gabled 2 storey porch with
single-light ground floor and 2-light upper floor casements, both
recessed cavetto mullioned with 4-centred arched lights. Upper
floor 2 + 2 light casement to left with king mullion and hoodmould;
2 casements with timber lintels below. Part of elevation to right
rebuilt upon removal of mill wing. West end: central projecting
chimney with flanking upper floor 2-light and attic single-light,
all with 4-centred arched heads and hoodmoulds. North side:
original part of building to right with ground floor 2-light and
upper floor 3-light casement, arched as to south. Two-light flat
mullioned casement and remainder of range to left added in C18.
East end: 2 upper floor 12-pane sashes with keyed, moulded
architraves, bull-nosed sills. Central keyed attic window with
fixed light. Attached boundary walls run along London Road with
weathered top coping.
Interior: early C18 staircase with turned balusters and moulded
handrail. Possibly one of the mill buildings owned by Corpus
Christi College, Oxford, in 1523.
(N.M. Herbert, 'Bisley; in V.C.H. Glos. xi, 1976, pp 4-40)
Listing NGR: SO8925802526
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings