This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7001 / 51°42'0"N
Longitude: -2.2895 / 2°17'22"W
OS Eastings: 380085
OS Northings: 200192
OS Grid: SO800001
Mapcode National: GBR 0LQ.9ZK
Mapcode Global: VH953.8JGJ
Entry Name: Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 23 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 133127
Location: Nympsfield, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Civil Parish: Nympsfield
Built-Up Area: Nympsfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Uley with Owlpen and Nympsfield
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8000 NYMPSFIELD CHURCH STREET
17/334 Court Farmhouse
Detached farmhouse. Dated 1617; early C18 north wing; early C19
additions. Random rubble limestone, partly roughcast rendered,
coursed dressed limestone additions; ashlar and artificial stone
chimneys; stone and artificial stone slate roof. Two-storey with
attic; wings to north and south result in cruciform plan. North
side: partly blocked by north wing is upper floor recessed cavetto
mullioned casement with hoodmould, timber fixed-light in former
door position below. Blocked ground and upper floor single-light
windows to right. Stable wing to right with 2 stable doors flanked
by casements with timber lintels; unglazed loft casement centrally
above. North wing has timber cross window fenestraton, link to
main range with masonry of later date. Parapet gable at west end
with 2 large shafts and linking cap. South side: projecting wing
with single west-facing 3-light casement to each floor. Mullioned
fenestration to main range, left, two 2-light to ground floor, 4-
light above. Further mullioned casements to rear of stable range.
Interior: one room contains moulded stone fireplace. Contemporary
panelling sold to America. Barn to east (q.v.), cow houses and
shelter sheds to north east (q.v.) and granary to west (q.v.).
(D. Verey, Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, 1979)
Listing NGR: SO8008500192
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings