History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Group of 6 Monuments in the Churchyard Approximately 15m North-East of Chancel to Church of St Cyr

A Grade II Listed Building in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7437 / 51°44'37"N

Longitude: -2.2913 / 2°17'28"W

OS Eastings: 379981

OS Northings: 205037

OS Grid: SO799050

Mapcode National: GBR 0L4.PHN

Mapcode Global: VH94X.7FJN

Entry Name: Group of 6 Monuments in the Churchyard Approximately 15m North-East of Chancel to Church of St Cyr

Listing Date: 24 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1340647

English Heritage Legacy ID: 132034

Location: Stonehouse, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Stonehouse

Built-Up Area: Stonehouse

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Stonehouse St Cyr

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Stonehouse

Listing Text

SO 7905 STONEHOUSE CHURCH LANE
(west side)

6/158 Group of 6 monuments in the
churchyard approximately 15m north-
east of chancel to Church of St.
Cyr

GV II

Chest and pedestal tombs. Early-late C18. Limestone and
sandstone. Group comprises: 3 rectangular pedestal tombs, 1 in
sandstone inscribed to JOHN PERKS, died 1773; 1 in sandstone with
Doric end friezes inscribed to RICHARD STEPHENS, died 1779; 1 in
limestone with corner balusters and elaborate cartouches inscribed
to THOMAS CARUTHERS, died 1736; 3 chest tombs in limestone, 1 with
gadrooned ends inscribed to Richard Merrett, died 1756; 2 with
lyre ends, 1 inscribed to Stephen Merrett, died 1744, and 1 with
brick restored end (included to complete group) with illegible
inscription.


Listing NGR: SO7998105037

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.