History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Group of 5 Monuments in the Churchyard Approximately 30m North-East of Chancel to Church of St Cyr

A Grade II Listed Building in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7437 / 51°44'37"N

Longitude: -2.291 / 2°17'27"W

OS Eastings: 380007

OS Northings: 205040

OS Grid: SO800050

Mapcode National: GBR 0L4.PLY

Mapcode Global: VH94X.7FQM

Entry Name: Group of 5 Monuments in the Churchyard Approximately 30m North-East of Chancel to Church of St Cyr

Listing Date: 24 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1340648

English Heritage Legacy ID: 132037

Location: Stonehouse, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Stonehouse

Built-Up Area: Stonehouse

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Stonehouse St Cyr

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Stonehouse

Listing Text

SO 7905 STONEHOUSE CHURCH LANE
(west side)

6/161 Group of 5 monuments in the
churchyard approximately 30m north-
east of chancel to Church of St. Cyr

GV II

Chest tombs and 1 'tea caddy'. C18. Limestone. Group comprises:
3 lyre ended chest tombs, 1 with delicate foliage carving,
inscribed to ------- Harris, date illegible; 1 with extremely
elaborate armorial end cartouches, inscribed to Robert Ratcliffe,
died 1704; and 1 with putti and cherub's heads, inscribed to John
Andrews, died 1778; 1 chest tomb with gadrooned corner balusters
and anthropomorphic end cartouches, inscriptions illegible; and
circular 'tea caddy' with reeded dome and 5 engaged columns with
curved inscription panels between, inscribed to various members of
Dimock family, earliest date 1796.


Listing NGR: SO8000705040

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.