This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7354 / 51°44'7"N
Longitude: -2.2764 / 2°16'34"W
OS Eastings: 381010
OS Northings: 204114
OS Grid: SO810041
Mapcode National: GBR 0LC.19M
Mapcode Global: VH94X.HMFZ
Entry Name: Ely Monument in the Churchyard Approx 4m North of Chancel to Church of St George
Listing Date: 24 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131906
Location: King's Stanley, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Civil Parish: King's Stanley
Built-Up Area: Stroud
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kings Stanley
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8104 KING'S STANLEY ST. GEORGE'S AVENUE
10/32 Ely monument in the churchyard
approximately 4m north of chancel
to Church of St. George
Pedestal tomb. Dated 1800; by John Pearce of Frampton.
Sandstone. Square with recessed corners standing on stepped base.
Moulded plinth and fluted frieze; domical coping. Each face has
raised oval inscription panel with foliage branches draped over.
Inscribed on south side to ANTHONY ELY, died 1800.
Listing NGR: SO8101004114
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings