This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8374 / 51°50'14"N
Longitude: -1.8049 / 1°48'17"W
OS Eastings: 413540
OS Northings: 215442
OS Grid: SP135154
Mapcode National: GBR 4QY.LJC
Mapcode Global: VHB27.N2PR
Entry Name: Shelter to Former Village Pump
Listing Date: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340769
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130494
Location: Farmington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Farmington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Farmington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
FARMINGTON FARMINGTON VILLAGE
SP 11 SW
3/56 Shelter to former village pump
Shelter over former village pump (now removed). Inscription on
lintel 'ERECTED IN MEMORY OF EDMUND WALLER SQUIRE OF THIS PARISH OB
: 20th MARCH 1898'. Plaque on timber upright stating that the
roof was presented by some citizens of Farmington Connecticut,
U.S.A. in the 300th year of Connecticut's foundation, July 1935.
Ashlar dwarf wall, stone slate roof supported by heavy timber
uprights. Octagonal plan comprising dwarf wall with 4 openings,
wall supports, heavy open-sided timber frame. Octagonal roof with
gablets over each face. Open-sided octagonal lantern with ogee
curved leaded roof with ball finial.
Listing NGR: SP1354015442
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings