History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Woolhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8297 / 51°49'46"N

Longitude: -1.8374 / 1°50'14"W

OS Eastings: 411301

OS Northings: 214578

OS Grid: SP113145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.B7Y

Mapcode Global: VHB27.38HP

Entry Name: The Old Woolhouse

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1340795

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130539

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTHLEACH WITH THE MARKET PLACE
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (south side), Northleach
8/102 The Old Woolhouse (including house
formerly listed as House abutting
23.1.52 and on south of Old Wool House)
GV II

Detached house/restaurant at corner of Market Place. Mid C17-early
C18 in several different phases. Coursed squared and dressed
limestone, large dressed quoins. C20 stone stack imitating ashlar.
Basically rectangular plan with two later extensions at right
angles to main body. Two storeys and attic lit by 2-light double-
chamfered stone-mullioned casements in gable end. Similar window
to first floor. C20 plate glass window to ground floor. C20 plank
door with fillets left. C20 plate glass window with C20 plank door
with fillets both with continuous concrete lintel to single storey
extension left of main body. Left-hand return; two 2-light
double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements with stopped hoods to
first floor. Three-light hollow-chamfered stone-mullioned
casements to stopped hood upper left. Ground floor; 2 large top
opening casements, stopped hood to right-hand window. C20 stopped
hood to left-hand window. These wndows flank a C19 four-panel door
within basket-headed surround. C20 door far left with C20
plate glass window right. Axial stack. Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP1130014580

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.