This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8076 / 51°48'27"N
Longitude: -1.9262 / 1°55'34"W
OS Eastings: 405184
OS Northings: 212107
OS Grid: SP051121
Mapcode National: GBR 3PT.RTH
Mapcode Global: VHB25.KTKP
Entry Name: Pair of Sty Monuments in the Church Yard of the Church of St Andrew Circa 9 Metres North of Main Entrance
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340884
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131074
Location: Chedworth, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Chedworth
Built-Up Area: Chedworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chedworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
CHEDWORTH CHEDWORTH VILLAGE
10/48 Pair of Sty monuments in the church-
yard of the Church of St Andrew c9m
north of main entrance
Two chest tombs to members of the Sty family. Limestone.
a) Pedestal tomb (nearest to churchyard entrance) to Joseph Sty,
died 1792 and Mary, his widow, died 1826. Raised inscription
panels on the north and south and at either end. Fluted
frieze. Capping with moulded margin and a stepped and hipped
upper capping stone.
b) Chest tomb c1m to the north of the latter to Sarah, wife of
Robert Sty, died 1747 and Sarah her daughter. Cartouche-like
inscription panels on the north and south sides with marginal
panels with draped decoration. Cartouche-like inscription
panels with cherubs' heads at the top at either end. Capping
with moulded margin and hipped upper capping stone.
Listing NGR: SP0518412107
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings