History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pindrup Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Coln St. Dennis, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7967 / 51°47'47"N

Longitude: -1.8787 / 1°52'43"W

OS Eastings: 408458

OS Northings: 210897

OS Grid: SP084108

Mapcode National: GBR 3Q2.CTX

Mapcode Global: VHB2D.D34H

Entry Name: Pindrup Farmhouse

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1340897

English Heritage Legacy ID: 131154

Location: Coln St. Dennis, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Coln St. Dennis

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Coln Rogers St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Chedworth

Listing Text

COLN ST DENNIS COLN ST DENNIS VILLAGE
SP 0810-0910
14/129 Pindrup Farmhouse
23.1.52

GV II

Farmhouse. Early C18, with an extension dated and initialled 'I :
U / 1746' on the inward facing chamfer of a mullion of a first
floor window (see interior later). Coursed squared and dressed
limestone with dressed stone quoins; stone slate roofing; original
ashlar stacks and C20 stacks with dressed stone quoins. 'L'-shaped
plan to the early range with a mid C18 range at the right gable
end. C20 extension to the left gable end. Both C18 ranges 2
storeys and attic with a single-storey C20 extension. Gable of the
early range projects forwards to left with tall 2 and 3-light
double-chamfered stone-mullioned casements; band above the ground
floor windows. Two-light hipped roof dormers. Moulded modillion
cornice. Mid C18 range: 2 and 3-light double-chamfered stone-
mullioned casements with stopped hoods, C20 door with six sunken
panels to the right of the junction with the earlier range, within
a flat-chamfered dressed stone surround. Three-light casement with
a heavy pegged frame to the ground floor of the right gable end, 2-
light casement with early leaded panes and fastenings above;
single-light to attic. C20 extension with 2-light casements and
C20 glass door with concrete lintels. Axial stack to main body
(two former gable-end stacks now incorporated within the mid C18
range). Stacks to the early range retain their moulded cappings
and skirtings.
Limited interior inspection revealed plastered timber-framed
partition walls with exposed timbers at first floor level within
the mid C18 range and the date '1746' with eight-arm candlestick
incised into the mullion at the front of the mid C18 range.


Listing NGR: SP0845810897

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.