History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fairford United Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.707 / 51°42'25"N

Longitude: -1.7852 / 1°47'6"W

OS Eastings: 414935

OS Northings: 200940

OS Grid: SP149009

Mapcode National: GBR 4SH.ZC6

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.0CK8

Entry Name: Fairford United Church

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341018

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129768

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Fairford

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 14/03/2016


SP 1400-1500
14/211

FAIRFORD,
MILTON STREET (south side),
Fairford United Church

(Formerly listed as Congregational Chapel)

GV II

Former Baptist Chapel, set back from street. 1853. Thin coursed
stone on plinth with dressed pilaster strips, cornice and parapet
wall, with antefixae and central raised date stone above, hipped
slate roof. Rectangular range with attached room to right, both of
single storey. Three windows, round-headed long glazing bar sashes
with radial heads in flush stone surrounds; central window
smaller, over double doors each with one moulded recessed panel and
radial fanlight, also in flush stone surround. Room to right has 2
long round-arched windows flanking single plank door with radial
fanlight, all in flush stone surrounds. Lower parapet with plat
band instead of cornice. Interior of chapel retains galleries.
Approached by path across burial ground which contains an
interesting group of tombs (q.v.), all clearly visible from Milton
Street.

Listing NGR: SP1493500940

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.