History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ford Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Ampney Crucis, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7159 / 51°42'57"N

Longitude: -1.8984 / 1°53'54"W

OS Eastings: 407116

OS Northings: 201911

OS Grid: SP071019

Mapcode National: GBR 3R1.6WC

Mapcode Global: VHB2S.14RF

Entry Name: Ford Farmhouse

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341020

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129672

Location: Ampney Crucis, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Ampney Crucis

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Ampney Crucis The Holy Rood

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Ampney Crucis

Listing Text

SP 00 SE AMPNEY CRUCIS SCHOOL LANE
(west side)

5/49 Ford Farmhouse

II

Large farmhouse. Originally late C17/early C18, with large
additions to west of early C19 and of 1945. Mostly coursed rubble
stone with central tallest section of C19 in dressed stone on
plinth, stone slate roof, brick ridge stack and brick flue on stone
base to right hand range, small stone end stacks to central range,
large external stone stack to C20 wing to left. Large 'L'-shape.
Mainly 2 storeys with attic in centre. Oldest section to right,
round angle of 'L', with agricultural building attached to south.
Two small gabled dormers through eaves with paired casements, 2 and
3-light casements to ground floor, corner porch of C20, two
recessed plank doors and casements to right hand end. Central
section has small gable to right with 2-light stone mullion, hipped
dormer to left. Two 12-pane sashes in flush stone surrounds to
first floor. Lengthened wood mullion and transom to left on ground
floor and round-headed doorway to right with imposts, recessed 6-
panel door and radial fanlight. Wing to left of 1945 has 4 and 2-
light stone mullions to first floor, and 2 full length metal
casements with square hoodmould.


Listing NGR: SP0711601911

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.