History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Linden End

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7081 / 51°42'29"N

Longitude: -1.7794 / 1°46'45"W

OS Eastings: 415338

OS Northings: 201064

OS Grid: SP153010

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.T32

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.3BND

Entry Name: Linden End

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341025

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129690

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Fairford

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD THE CROFT
(south side)

13/134 Linden House

II

Detached house, part of school. Early C18 core, extended to south
in later C18 and to north in late C19 or early C20. C18 ranges of
rubble stone probably originally faced in roughcast or render, with
alternating chamfered quoins, slate roof to front with moulded
stone eaves cornice in centre and coped verge to left, artificial
slate to rear, originally stone end stacks to central range with
offset and moulded cornice, and external stone stack to left on
slightly lower side range. C19 wing rendered on plinth with tile
roof. T-shape formed by main ranges and added cross range to
north, 2 storeys, with small linking corner wing to rear. Main
range has 4 windows, 12-pane sashes with additional margin glazing
in slightly raised, beaded plain stone surrounds with bull nose
sills. Plat band below and at plinth level, both cut into by 2
canted bays contemporary with cross wing, with tile roofs and full
length plain glazed windows. Side range to left has plain 12-pane
sash in plain stone surrounds to each floor and blocked doorway
with timber lintel to right. Cross range has large 2-storey canted
bay with 1/3/1-light stone mullion and transoms to each floor.
Large re-used segmental-arched stone doorcase with keystone on
north side with 6-panel door, 4 bolection-moulded and 2 flush,
plain fanlight and formerly glazed side lights.

Listing NGR: SP1533801064

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.