History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Prior and 2 Unidentified Monuments, About 12 Metres South East of Williams Monument in Churchyard of Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7088 / 51°42'31"N

Longitude: -1.7816 / 1°46'53"W

OS Eastings: 415188

OS Northings: 201142

OS Grid: SP151011

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SGF

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.29HV

Entry Name: Prior and 2 Unidentified Monuments, About 12 Metres South East of Williams Monument in Churchyard of Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341027

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129709

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Quenington

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD HIGH STREET
(west side)

13/153 Prior and 2 unidentified monuments
about 12m south east of Williams
monument in churchyard of
Church of St. Mary

GV II

Three chest tombs. Unidentified of 1820 and 1799; Prior, earliest
Sarah 1787, also John 1813 ("Master of Adjacent Free School").
Limestone. Stepped tent tops of different design, moulded plinth
and capping, plain frieze. From east to west: Unidentified of
1820 has oval panel to north side and reeded side strips;
Unidentified of 1799, similar with low relief side strips, both
badly eroded. Prior monument has plain sides and ends with clearly
incised inscriptions on all sides.

Listing NGR: SP1518801142

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.