History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Keble House

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7076 / 51°42'27"N

Longitude: -1.776 / 1°46'33"W

OS Eastings: 415572

OS Northings: 201003

OS Grid: SP155010

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.V38

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.5BFT

Entry Name: Keble House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341049

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129727

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Fairford

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 & FAIRFORD
SP 1400-1500 LONDON ROAD
(north side)

13/170 & 14/170 Keble House (formerly included
in London Street)
4.6.52

II

Detached house. Early C18, with new front added in 1780's by John
Keble, then Vicar of Coln St. Aldwyns, whose son John, the
Tractarian, was born here on 25th April 1792. The house is still
occupied at the time of survey (September 1985) by members of the
Keble family. Coursed rubble stone front with alternating flush
quoins, on rubble stone rear ranges, stone slate roof, stone end
stacks with offset and moulded cornice. Single front range of 2
storeys and attic as cross range to 2-storey earlier rear ranges.
Three windows, raking dormers with 6-pane sashes through eaves, 9-
pane sashes to first floor with plain stone architraves with thin
outer edge moulding, and continuous sill band. Ground floor has
two 12-pane sashes and central stone round-headed doorcase, all
with similar moulding, with keystone and imposts to doorcase.
Recessed double doors of C19, half-glazed and with margin glazing,
and radial fanlight. Main entrance on right hand return with 6-
panel door. Internal shutters remain on ground floor.

Listing NGR: SP1557201003

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.