History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Quenington House

A Grade II Listed Building in Quenington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7364 / 51°44'11"N

Longitude: -1.7877 / 1°47'15"W

OS Eastings: 414758

OS Northings: 204214

OS Grid: SP147042

Mapcode National: GBR 4S9.4TQ

Mapcode Global: VHB2M.YMS6

Entry Name: Quenington House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341055

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129876

Location: Quenington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Quenington

Built-Up Area: Quenington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Coln St Aldwyn St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Coln Saint Aldwyn

Listing Text

SP 1404-1504 QUENINGTON MAWLEY ROAD
(north side)

12/250 Quenington House
(formerly listed in Back Street)

4.6.52

GV II

Large detached house, recorded in 1862 as a farmhouse on the
Hatherop Estate. Late C18/early C19. Ashlar front with chamfered
plinth and alternating flush quoins, on coursed rubble stone, stone
slate roof, stone end stack to right and external to left, with
offset and moulded cornice. Single front range of 2 storeys and
attic, with 2-storey rear wing to right and single storey rear
section to left, and attached former farmbuilding to left along
street frontage. Four windows, 12-pane sashes in shallow reveals
with sloping flush sills, 3 on ground floor with stone doorcase in
bay 2 from left with attached Doric columns on bases, plain frieze
with roundel over each column, moulded cornice and blocking course.
Double doors of 4 fielded panels each with small oval lights cut
into top pair. Two gabled dormers, set at each end, with stone
slate-hung gables and paired 6-pane casements. Panelling visible
on inside window reveals on ground floor. Outbuilding to left has
3-light wood mullion window at loft level, and left hand gable end
has flight of 10 stone steps up to half-glazed door, recessed with
timber lintel, with four rows of dove holes and stone perches in
apex of gable.

Listing NGR: SP1475804214

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.