History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Banks Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Bledington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9033 / 51°54'11"N

Longitude: -1.6481 / 1°38'53"W

OS Eastings: 424309

OS Northings: 222812

OS Grid: SP243228

Mapcode National: GBR 5RP.Q4N

Mapcode Global: VHBZD.DF28

Entry Name: Banks Farm

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341090

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130176

Location: Bledington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, OX7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Bledington

Built-Up Area: Bledington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Bledington St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Kingham

Listing Text

BLEDINGTON THE GREEN
SP 2422
12/64 Banks Farm
25.8.60
GV II
Detached farmhouse and attached buildings forming two sides of
yard. Farmhouse; left end possibly C17, rectangular stone plaque
set between upper windows on left dated and initialled E S/E S/1736
S
circular stone plaque dated and initialled W A/1784 between
upper windows on right, indicating two C18 phases of
rebuilding/extension. Late C18-mid C19 outbuildings and attached
barn. C17 core and extensions to rear coursed, squared and dressed
limestone, C18 extensions, finely dressed limestone, stone slate
roof, ashlar stacks. Slate roof to barn and outbuildings at rear.
Rectangular main body with successive C18 extensions right of C17
core, projecting porch off centre right, C18 extension rear left,
C19 extension forming one side of courtyard rear right. C17 core
one storey and attic lit by single 2-light, stone-mullioned half
dormer with leaded lights. C18 part 2 storeys and attic lit by two
2-light roof dormers with leaded panes. C18 extensions right, 4-
windowed all tall double-chamfered, stone-mullioned windows with
horizontal glazing bars, tall stair light far left, all windows to
mid C18 part with moulded hoods. Moulded hoods over 1736 datestone
and blocked door below also. Fielded 6-panel door into late C18-
early C19 porch off centre right. C20 part-glazed door far right.
C19 former wash house attached rear right with barn attached at
right angles at far gable end, the latter buildings forming 2 sides
of a yard.
Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP2430922812

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.