This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9629 / 51°57'46"N
Longitude: -1.7407 / 1°44'26"W
OS Eastings: 417914
OS Northings: 229414
OS Grid: SP179294
Mapcode National: GBR 4PG.YJ5
Mapcode Global: VHB1H.SX4L
Entry Name: The Village Hall
Listing Date: 30 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341145
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130264
Location: Longborough, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Longborough
Built-Up Area: Longborough
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Longborough with Sezincote
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
LONGBOROUGH LONGBOROUGH VILLAGE
8/151 The Village Hall
Detached village hall. Plaque inside entrance recording building
of hall in memory of Frederick Brooks Dugdale V.C. dated 1904.
Coursed squared and dressed limestone, stone slate roof, ashlar
stack. Rectangular plan with central gabled porch projecting
forward slightly at front. 4-light double-chamfered, stone-
mullioned window right of porch. 6-light, double-chamfered, stone-
mullioned window with king mullion left of porch, stopped hoods
over both windows. Central round-headed double door with glazing
bars in round-headed moulded surround with keystone and imposts and
decorated spandrels. Doric columns on rectangular plinths, either
side of doorway, frieze over with raised strapwork decoration.
Heraldic shield within scrollwork surround within broken segmental
pediment above. Flat gable-end coping with roll-cross saddles and
ball finial at apex of porch gable. Central axial stack. Interior
Listing NGR: SP1791429414
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings