History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Bartholomew

A Grade II Listed Building in Kingscote, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6519 / 51°39'6"N

Longitude: -2.2677 / 2°16'3"W

OS Eastings: 381574

OS Northings: 194825

OS Grid: ST815948

Mapcode National: GBR 0MB.9HB

Mapcode Global: VH959.NR00

Entry Name: Church of St Bartholomew

Listing Date: 6 September 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341154

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130431

Location: Kingscote, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Kingscote

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Newington Bagpath with Kingscote

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Kingscote

Listing Text

KINGSCOTE NEWINGTON BAGPATH
ST 89 SW
6/116 Church of St. Bartholomew
6.9.54
II
Small Anglican church, unused and boarded up at time of survey
(March 1986). Norman foundation, with some surviving C15 work,
and with chancel rebuilt by S.S. Teulon in 1858. Rubble stone
with roughcast faced tower and coursed stone chancel, stone slate
roof with coped verges and saddlestones, and cross finial to
chancel. West tower, nave with south porch, chancel. Tower of 2
stages with plat band offset, pyramidal roof with coved stone eaves
and weathercock, 2 small single arched lights on west side with
large pointed arch window below. South porch has pointed outer
arch with image niche over and boarded 3-light stone mullion with
square hoodmould to right. Chancel has 3 large pointed arch
windows. Interior inaccessible but reputed to have reredos, choir
stalls with poppy-head finials and tiles all by Teulon.
(David Verey, Buildings of England: Gloucestershire - the
Cotswolds, 1979)


Listing NGR: ST8157494825

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.