This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7273 / 51°43'38"N
Longitude: -2.0765 / 2°4'35"W
OS Eastings: 394813
OS Northings: 203179
OS Grid: SO948031
Mapcode National: GBR 2P8.PTN
Mapcode Global: VH950.YVL6
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341179
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128377
Location: Sapperton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Sapperton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Sapperton St Kenelm
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 90 SW SAPPERTON SAPPERTON VILLAGE
1/101 The Rectory
Former rectory. Early C18, enlarged with garden front and single
storey south wing c1760. Main range of rubble stone with stucco
front, double range Cotswold stone-slate roof with 3 large extruded
stone gable stacks and one ridge stack. 2 storeys and attic of 3
hipped dormers with diamond-pane casements. 3 windows, 3/2/3-
light stone-mullions and transoms with square hoodmould and plain
glass. Ground floor has 3-light window to left and same width
window with only 2-lights on right, replaced in C20. Central
gabled porch probably of late C19 with arched doorway and traceried
fanlight and double half-glazed doors with diamond panes. Garden
front has 2 hipped dormers, two 3-light and one 2-light window on
1st floor and two former 3-light now 2-light on ground floor.
Single storey wing to south also double range with hipped ends and
4 large stone stacks with off-sets, and east front of five 12-pane
sashes, grouped 1/3/1, with large stone lintels and quoins.
Listing NGR: SO9481303179
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings