History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Tetbury, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6362 / 51°38'10"N

Longitude: -2.1595 / 2°9'34"W

OS Eastings: 389054

OS Northings: 193054

OS Grid: ST890930

Mapcode National: GBR 1P0.6V6

Mapcode Global: VH95K.J46J

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 6 September 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341202

English Heritage Legacy ID: 128497

Location: Tetbury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Tetbury

Built-Up Area: Tetbury

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Tetbury St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Tetbury

Listing Text

ST 8893-8993 TETBURY THE GREEN
(north side)

7/223 The Vicarage
6.9.54


GV II


Large detached vicarage. Front range dated 1771, with earlier
ranges behind of early C18 and probably late Cl6. Rubble stone,
random coursed on front range with some punched stone and some
snecking. Cotswold stone slate roof with stone stacks. Long L-
shape range with polygonal right return to front range. 3
storeys. 4 windows across straight wall, 12-pane sashes with large
stone lintels, 9-pane on top storey. Two C19 sashes on ground
floor, plate glass to right, triple glazing bar sash to left, with
early C19 central iron porch supported in front only with swept
lead roof. Doorway has side pilasters and original door which now
has large glazed panel at top and single horizontal moulded panel
below. Polygon windows as main facade with oval plaque "1771 JW"
on blind centre wall. At rear, very large stepped stone external
stack with blocked opening, probably of late C16, with small 2-
storey wing with parapet joined to L-shape wing of early C18 of 3
storeys, with 12-pane sashes, and C19 sashes to ground floor,
across front of which is range of 1771.


Listing NGR: ST8905493054

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.