This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6384 / 51°38'18"N
Longitude: -2.1617 / 2°9'42"W
OS Eastings: 388905
OS Northings: 193298
OS Grid: ST889932
Mapcode National: GBR 1P0.68Z
Mapcode Global: VH95K.H21V
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 6 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341214
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128555
Location: Tetbury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Tetbury
Built-Up Area: Tetbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tetbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 8893-8993 TETBURY LONG STREET
7/280 No 44 (The Old House)
Large town house. Late C16/early C17 wth mid C18 street front.
Main front of ashlar with rusticated quoin strips, stone modillion
cornice and blocking course, Cotswold stone slate roof with large
rebuilt stone stack to left. Rear range rendered and with
additional large ashlar stacks, some with twin flues and moulded
cornices. 2 ranges with lower linking unit, front range having
been originally gabled and on a line with No. 42 Long Street
(q.v.). Street facade of 3 storeys. 5 windows, 12-pane sashes
with keystones. 9-pane to 2nd floor. Ground floor has 4 similar
and central Ionic portico on large stone step with 2 columns and 2
pilasters, ovolo frieze, cornice and pediment with dentils. 6-
panel door, fielded with raised centres, and top 2 panels glazed.
Over door are 2 stone panels with decoration resembling single
enlarged dog tooth panel. Rear range of 2 storeys and attic has 2
gables, stone mullion windows with square hoodmoulds, and late C19
addition to left.
Interior of older range has original stone flag floor, beams and
fireplaces including very large stone cheeked fireplace (now with
replaced timber lintel) with domed brick bread oven in one corner
with small pointed stone arch carrying hinge post for door. Front t
range has fine Georgian interior with panelling, plaster ceilings,
etc and framed stair.
Listing NGR: ST8889893292
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings