History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hazleton Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Rodmarton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6836 / 51°41'0"N

Longitude: -2.1024 / 2°6'8"W

OS Eastings: 393019

OS Northings: 198317

OS Grid: ST930983

Mapcode National: GBR 2PT.H8V

Mapcode Global: VH956.HYX7

Entry Name: Hazleton Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 27 February 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1341398

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129428

Location: Rodmarton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Rodmarton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Rodmarton St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Rodmarton

Listing Text

RODMARTON HAZLETON
ST 99 NW
6/129 Hazleton Manor Farmhouse
(formerly listed as Hazleton
4.6.52 Farmhouse)

GV II*

Large manor house. West wing of C16, adjoining south wing probably
of C17 with large early C20 extension at east end, on site of C12
priory connected with Kingswood Abbey. Random coursed rubble stone
on offset plinth, stone slate roof, large stone stacks. Large 'L'-
shape range, mostly 2 storeys and attic. On north side, 2 gables
to west wing and 2 to south wing, forming angle of L, all coped and
with ball finials, and with 2-light cavetto moulded stone mullion
with square hoodmould. Three gables have similar 3-light on first
floor and 4-light on ground floor, gable furthest to north has 2-
light on first floor and renewed 3-light on ground floor. Between
gables on south wing, porch of 2 1/2 storeys faced in ashlar to front,
with similar 2-light in gable, 3-light on first floor, and arched
doorway with wide straight dripmould and projecting keystone dated
1660, C20 vertical battened door. C19 service wing added to north
in 2 sections with 2-light leaded casements with straight voussoir
heads, including 2 blocked doorways. To east, 2 large additional
gables of early C20 in sympathetic style. South elevation has 2
projecting gables and recessed centre. Similar fenestration to
north side, 2 depressed Tudor-arch doorways to centre and left.
Square well house with pyramidal roof and ball finial in courtyard
to north. Hall to right of porch has fine oak stair, panelled
walls and chamfered and stopped beams.
Interior not accessible but likely to be of interest. (VCH,
Gloucestershire Vol.XI, 1976; David Verey, Buildings of England:
Gloucestershire - The Cotswolds, 1979.)


Listing NGR: ST9301998317

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.