This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8851 / 51°53'6"N
Longitude: -1.76 / 1°45'35"W
OS Eastings: 416617
OS Northings: 220758
OS Grid: SP166207
Mapcode National: GBR 4QD.RV9
Mapcode Global: VHB1W.FWY7
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 12 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341630
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126436
Location: Bourton-on-the-Water, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water
Built-Up Area: Bourton-on-the-Water
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water with Clapton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
SP 1620 NE 3/33
1919, rebuilt on new site re-using stone from demolished manor house. Cotswold
style. Two storeys and attics. Coursed rubble with stone slate roof; raised verges;
diagonal chimneys. Three gabled dormers. Three windows, 3 light mullioned windows
with drips. Two projecting wall chimneys to front. Modern ground-floor central
sun-room extension. Two bay gabled set back servants' wing, also in Ctoswold stone.
Square projecting porch to rear dated "A. H. 1919".
The original house was probably built circa 1200 and was a residence of the Abbots
of Evesham. Rebuilt C16 and again 1890 by Sir Guy Dawber.
Included partly for historic interest and partly for the salvaged material.
Listing NGR: SP1661720758
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings