This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7568 / 51°45'24"N
Longitude: -1.8312 / 1°49'52"W
OS Eastings: 411749
OS Northings: 206471
OS Grid: SP117064
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.ZSQ
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.63SK
Entry Name: Dovecote Approximately 50 Metres South West of Church House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341822
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127333
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY CHURCH ROAD
11/87 Dovecote approximately 50m south-
west of Church House (previously
listed as Dovecote South West of
Former dovecote, now garages. C17; C20 restoration and
alterations. Random rubble limestone; stone slate roof.
Rectangular with parapet gable to south end, verge gable to north
with lower outbuilding, possibly contemporary. Central ridge-
mounted cupola with ball finial. Single 2-light chamfered
mullioned casement to upper floors on east and west sides;
openings with plank doors and timber lintels below. Single upper
floor 3-light casement to south gable end. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1174706475
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings