This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9787 / 51°58'43"N
Longitude: -2.4372 / 2°26'13"W
OS Eastings: 370066
OS Northings: 231225
OS Grid: SO700312
Mapcode National: GBR FY.KJ1S
Mapcode Global: VH866.PJXH
Entry Name: Cam Monument, in the Churchyard, About 1 Metre East of East Wall of Chancel, Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 17 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341948
English Heritage Legacy ID: 125922
Location: Dymock, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL18
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Dymock
Built-Up Area: Dymock
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Dymock St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
DYMOCK THE VILLAGE
SO 73 SW (north side)
5/104 Cam monument, in the churchyard,
about lm east of east wall of
chancel, Church of St. Mary
Wide pedestal tomb. Cam family, mid C18. Stone: square in plan.
Urn with 4 swags on top, circular cavetto stand, on square base,
roll moulding, gadrooning beneath: wide, swept top, with wreath,
serpent of eternity enclosing an hourglass, ring and crossed laurel
fronds, all in relief, one on each face: roll moulding above step
to main lid, gadrooning below. Sides taper downwards, framing
slate panels, for inscriptions: moulded base, 2 steps, lower
originally with iron railings. Commemorates J. Camm, died 1753, W.
Cam, 1767, list of earlier burials, also later up to 1880.
Listing NGR: SO7006431225
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings