This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0416 / 52°2'29"N
Longitude: -1.7866 / 1°47'11"W
OS Eastings: 414733
OS Northings: 238152
OS Grid: SP147381
Mapcode National: GBR 4NF.YZS
Mapcode Global: VHB12.ZYC9
Entry Name: Conduit House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342001
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126132
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CONDUIT HILL
SP 1438 7/82 25.8.60
1612, in connection with Campden Manor for Sir Baptist Hicks. Simple rectangular
structure in ashlar with tall 4 centre arch roofing in coursed stone flags (ie
vaulted). Walls and roof divided by continuous cornice. Low 4 centre arched
doorway to south. An impressive little building which functioned until early C20,
supplying Hicks' Almshouses, the Vicarage and a number of troughs on the way.
Interior retains spring-head trough and numerous grafiti (earliest in the 1680s).
Listing NGR: SP1477338474
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings