This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0526 / 52°3'9"N
Longitude: -1.778 / 1°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 415317
OS Northings: 239379
OS Grid: SP153393
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.798
Mapcode Global: VHB13.4NDV
Entry Name: The Stapler's House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342020
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126236
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
The Stapler's House
SP 1539 SW 9/176 25.8.60
Early mid C17. Two and a half storeys, ashlar like rubble, Cotswold stone roof.
Grouped chimneys set back.2 tall Cotswold dormers with saddlestones and 2 light stone
mullion windows with drips, gables have small side lights. Two ranges of 3 light
stone mullion windows below. Tudor arched central door. Through passage plan -
further Tudor arch doorway to rear. Ground and first floor rooms have Tudor arch
fireplaces. To rear a 2 storey 3 window extension and a large chimney extension.
Side walls retain substantial traces of timber-frame.
Listing NGR: SP1531939378
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings