This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0505 / 52°3'1"N
Longitude: -1.7809 / 1°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 415122
OS Northings: 239144
OS Grid: SP151391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.DKP
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QWG
Entry Name: Badger's Hall
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342033
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126198
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
Badger's Hall (formerly
listed as Morrey's
SP 1539 SW 9/142 25.8.60
Mid C17. Coursed squared rubble with Cotswold stone roof. Urban tenement block
with 4 gables to street. Only the left hand gable has the original ground floor,
a 6 light stone mullioned casement with drip mould over. Modern door. Small paned
19th century shop front. Plain doorway with drip mould. Plain doorway. These are
to through passages. Double and single small paned C19 shop fronts. Three storeys.
The first floor has four 6 light stone mullioned windows. Each gable has a 4 light
one. The gables reach almost to the level of the main ridge. Stone and brick stack
at rear. Rear extension with mullion windows and cornice strings, Tudor arch doors
to through-passages. Interior: large fireplace with reeded wooden lintel into
which a Tudor arch has been cut, (at back of shop), Tudor arch fireplace on first
floor and small attic fireplace with roll-surround.
Listing NGR: SP1512939140
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings