This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8455 / 52°50'43"N
Longitude: 0.5112 / 0°30'40"E
OS Eastings: 569213
OS Northings: 330510
OS Grid: TF692305
Mapcode National: GBR P41.Q15
Mapcode Global: WHKPT.TQLX
Entry Name: Dersingham Hall
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342279
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221392
Location: Dersingham, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Dersingham
Built-Up Area: Dersingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Dersingham St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 63 SE DERSINGHAM MANOR ROAD (west)
4/8 Dersingham Hall.
Manor House. c.1600 with C18 and C19 additions and details. Stuccoed
brick and carstone rubble, red and black glazed pantiled roof. 2 storey
with attics, "H" plan. East, entrance, front with 2 gabled returned wings
and central cross wing with 2 ground and 2 first floor sashes with glazing
bars, at ground floor with now exposed brick relieving arches. First
floor centre window blocked. Steeply pitched roof with one cluster of
semi-octagonal brick stacks stuccoed over. North returned gable of north
range of H plan has a C19 2 storey cement rendered rectangular bay addition
with one ground and one first floor 4-light plate glass casement window,
returns to north and south have single lights. Flat roof with battlemented
parapet. Stuccoed quoins, battlemented crow stepped gable, one attic
sash with glazing bars. South returned gable has on east external stack
supported by 2 cement rendered buttress additions of open arches, one
above another with set-offs, supporting 2 clustered semi-octagonal stacks.
Stucco quoins and crow-stepped battlemented gable. South return of south
wing to garden of 4 bays has 2 C19 ground floor windows; a 3-sided cement
rendered bay addition at west with 3 plate glass sashes, at east a 4-light
casement. In centre a wooden framed arched headed Venetian window presumably
lighting the half landing of the staircase with 3 sashes with glazing
bars. At first floor 4 C18 sashes with glazing bars, one central flat
roofed C18 dormer sash with glazing bars. West gable return has stuccoed
quoins and crow-stepped gable with 3 clustered semi-octagonal stacks.
North return of north wing has 2 ground floor C18 sashes and one arched
headed Cl8 first floor sash with glazing bars, stucco crow stepped gable
and end stack. To west an additional attached C18 wing with 3 ground
and 3 first floor C18 sashes with glazing bars. Attached to west a single
storey wing, a further single storey carstone and brick dressed wing with
one 2-centred arched entrance and 3 windows; beyond a 2 storey hipped
roof wing, included for group value.
Listing NGR: TF6921330510
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings