History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Runcton Holme, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6601 / 52°39'36"N

Longitude: 0.3933 / 0°23'35"E

OS Eastings: 561962

OS Northings: 309624

OS Grid: TF619096

Mapcode National: GBR N4W.B7S

Mapcode Global: WHJPM.0DKH

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 20 September 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1342288

English Heritage Legacy ID: 221339

Location: Runcton Holme, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Civil Parish: Runcton Holme

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: South Runcton St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Watlington

Listing Text

TF 60 NW RUNCTON HOLME DOWNHAM ROAD

8/7 Manor Farmhouse


- II

Farmhouse, now 2 properties. Originally C14 hall house, remodelled C16,
altered with additions 1916. Partly timber framed, now brick with carstone
additions. Pantiled roof. L shaped plan. South front of 2 storeys : C20
fenestration on ground floor under C16 hood moulds on labels. Gabled roof
parapet at left and right where construction changes. Quadruple diamond
flues to ridge stack. To right original house now obscured by 2 storey
1916 addition leaving only entrance and east bays visible, of which porch
and window details C20. West gable off-set at eaves with attic storey.
One C20 casement each floor under C16 hoods on labels. Rear greatly altered
and now of one storey : one 3-light hollow chamfered window to left. 5-
light diamond mullioned casement to right lights hall. Gabled extension
1935. Interior. Chamfered and tongue stopped bridging beams inserted in
hall C17, which is now divided by partition wall. Timber framing of C14
hall survives at east : octagonal posts on bases extend through both floors
to polygonal roll moulded capitals. Wall posts rise higher and double
arched braces extend to tie beam and transversely to wall plate. Roof of
this part of 2 tiers butt purlins and collars, to west similar with taper
tenons.


Listing NGR: TF6196209624

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.