This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6535 / 52°39'12"N
Longitude: 0.416 / 0°24'57"E
OS Eastings: 563522
OS Northings: 308938
OS Grid: TF635089
Mapcode National: GBR N4X.PYW
Mapcode Global: WHJPM.CKBL
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 8 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221342
Location: Runcton Holme, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Runcton Holme
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: South Runcton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TF 60 NW RUNCTON HOLME SOUTH RUNCTON
8/10 Church of St. Andrew
Parish church. Early C12, entirely rebuilt 1838-39 by John Brown. Rendered
brick and slate roof. Nave with apsidal chancel in Neo-Norman style. West
front with giant corner pilasters. 2 orders of shafts to west door below
zig-zag arch. 2-light west window above string course under dog-tooth super-
arch flanked by one blind arch left and right similarly decorated. Bell-
cote at ridge of gable. South nave of 3 bays divided by pilasters. Each
bay has round lancet flanked by one blind lancet left and right, the latter
having necks pinched by obtrusive imposts on nook-shafts. Arches are billet
moulded. Corbel table at eaves in form of grotesque heads. Apse similar,
without decorative blind lights to windows, and with roll moulding replacing
billet. North nave similar but with one simple round-headed narrow lancet
to each bay. Apsidal vestry added to north chancel 1858, with timber parapet
and conical lead roof. Interior. Early C12 chancel arch : 2 orders shafts
on drum bases with cushion capitals just becoming scalloped. Square imposts.
Arch completely renewed with chevron and billet decoration.
Listing NGR: TF6352208938
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings