This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8938 / 52°53'37"N
Longitude: 0.5512 / 0°33'4"E
OS Eastings: 571719
OS Northings: 335979
OS Grid: TF717359
Mapcode National: GBR P3J.G6J
Mapcode Global: WHKPN.FJQC
Entry Name: Sedgeford Hall
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342295
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221277
Location: Sedgeford, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE36
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Sedgeford
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Sedgeford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 73 NW SEDGEFORD FRING ROAD (west)
5/95 Sedgeford Hall.
House. Mid C18, with dates 1766, 1785. Gault brick, red brick dressings,
black glazed pantiled roofs. 2 storey with attics, "L" plan. East front 7
regular bays, 2 storeys. Brick plinth, ground floor with 4 outer sashes with
ground level sills, 2 narrower sashes either side of door. First floor 4 outer
sashes and 2 narrower sashes either side of central sash, all set in flush
moulded wooden frames under flat rubbed brick arches. First floor gault brick
plat-band with, to south of porch, graffito initials "R, SC, 17 MG 66". Eaves
rubbed brick dentil cornice with moulded courses. Central door, bowed wooden
porch with 2 half columns, 2 column capitals and entablature, all fluted, stone
moulded base, flat leaded roof with valance, C20 replacement. Contemporary
2 leaf outer doors, glazed with margin lights, fanlight above with white glazing
bars mounted into black painted boarding. 2 leaf 3 panel raised and fielded
inner doors. 3 attic dormers, segmental moulded pediment to centre, triangular
to outer, sashes with glazing bars. One ridge and one north gable stack.
Hipped south gable and wing returned to west with ground floor 3 sided bow
window, one first floor window, both sashes with glazing bars, one blocked
window. Both first floor windows under flat rubbed brick arches, facade eaves
cornice continued. Lead hopper with initials CRS and date 1775 at south west
corner. One attic 2 light casement dormer. One west end gable stack. C20
lean-to conservatory is not of special interest 2 storey rendered and black
pantiled wing to west. To north wing inserted by David Roberts 1963-1967,
buff brick, flat roofed. Interior largely remodelled in 1960s, one first floor
room with early C18 moulded panelling (said to be from Holkham Hall).
Listing NGR: TF7171935979
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings