This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5886 / 52°35'19"N
Longitude: 0.3819 / 0°22'54"E
OS Eastings: 561455
OS Northings: 301646
OS Grid: TF614016
Mapcode National: GBR N5N.MDP
Mapcode Global: WHJPZ.V619
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 9 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342310
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221451
Location: Denver, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE38
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Denver
Built-Up Area: Downham Market
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Denver St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TF 6101 DENVER RYSTON ROAD
9/5 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. Late C13 west tower, nave and chancel fabric C14, refenestrated
C15, north aisle and arcade 1870 when church and roofs restored. Carstone
with ashlar dressings and plain tiled roofs. 3 stage tower with diagonal
buttresses at west to first stage and set off at second. Lancets to first
2 stages. 2-light Y traceried belfry windows and battlemented parapet.
Western clock face 1870. Gabled south porch to nave with diagonal buttresses
and Perpendicular 2-light side windows. One C14 Y traceried window to west
and 2 transomed C15 3-light windows east of porch. C19 windows. Diagonal
east buttresses with 3-light restored east window : ogeed cusped lights support
3 encircled quatrefoils of c.1330. One trefoiled niche right and left. Wall
monument below window of 1715 with consoles supporting pediment above
inscription plaque. 3 2-light windows to north chancel under flat heads.
North aisle with similar fenestration of 1870. Interior. 4 bay north arcade
of octagonal piers and moulded polygonal capitals supporting double chamfered
arches. Boarded scissor braced roof with cusps restored but retaining C15
wall plate decorated with shields and fleur-de-lys.
Listing NGR: TF6145501646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings