History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Carriage Block 50 Metres North East of Barwick House

A Grade II Listed Building in Barwick, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8906 / 52°53'26"N

Longitude: 0.6806 / 0°40'50"E

OS Eastings: 580435

OS Northings: 335937

OS Grid: TF804359

Mapcode National: GBR Q50.QXH

Mapcode Global: WHKPQ.FLBV

Entry Name: Carriage Block 50 Metres North East of Barwick House

Listing Date: 18 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1342328

English Heritage Legacy ID: 221541

Location: Barwick, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Civil Parish: Barwick

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Stanhoe All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Stanhoe

Listing Text

TF 83 NW BARWICK LITTLE BARWICK
4/10 Carriage block
50 metres north-east
of Barwick House.
G.V. II
Carriage block. 1748. English bond red brick, red pantiled roof. 2 storeys,
5 bays. 5 ground floor segmental arch cart openings, 2 bricked up, 3 with
C20 double doors. 5 first floor openings: 3 brick honeycomb ventilation
openings and 2 open windows with wooden mullion divisions. First floor plat-
band and 4 course moulded brick eaves cornice. West gable has one first floor
open window with wooden mullions under cambered brick arch. Brick blank opening
above with brick arch, imposts and keystone, plaque in head "Robert Glover
1748". Tumbled brick gable and coped parapet. Similar blank arch and gable
to east. Rear to south has 2 outshuts of brick, centre knapped flint
rubble with some galleting, 3 course dentil dogtooth eaves cornice. Built by
Robert Glover, also responsible for Barwick House (q.v.) stable block (q.v.)
and Ivy Farm Barn, Stanhoe (q.v.). Single storey stable addition to north
is not of special interest.


Listing NGR: TF8043535937

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.