This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5707 / 52°34'14"N
Longitude: 0.4928 / 0°29'34"E
OS Eastings: 569034
OS Northings: 299909
OS Grid: TL690999
Mapcode National: GBR P79.Z97
Mapcode Global: WHKR5.JNW2
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 11 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342342
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221734
Location: Wretton, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Wretton
Built-Up Area: Wretton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Wretton with Stoke Ferry
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TF 69 NE WRETTON CHURCH PATH
7/79 Church of All Saints
Parish church. Late C13 west tower, c.1300 nave and south aisle, late C14
chancel. Restored 1863. Carstone, flint, rubble and some brick. Slate
roofs. 3 stage unbuttressed tower, externally of 2 stages. Cusped lancet
as west window. Slit lights to ringing chamber on north and south faces.
String course at belfry stage. 2-light cusped Y-tracery belfry windows. C17
brick parapet with stone quoins and crocketed corner pinacles. South aisle
with rebuilt brick and rubble parapet. 2-light ogeed square-headed west
window. Gabled south porch of chequered brick and flintwork. Parapets
obscure roof. Diagonal buttresses and re-used stone coping to gable head.
Brick side lancets. 3 square-headed aisle windows of 2 or 3 lights, that
to west with ogee lights. Centre window C19. Aisle east window of 3 lights.
Nave and chancel with high eastern gable parapets. 2-light chancel south
window: ogecd with cusped and sub-cusped vesica. Depressed arched priests'
door. Diagonal eastern buttresses frame 3-light panel tracery Perpendicular
east window. 2-light chancel north window. 5 stepped brick buttresses to
north nave, that to east incorporating remains of brick rood stairs. 2 3-light
square-headed windows with ogee lights and one 3-light panel traceried window
under 4-centred arch. Blocked north door. Interior. 4 bay south arcade of
octagonal piers on plinths. Moulded capitals and triple chamfered arches.
Double chamfered chancel arch dying into wall. Single scissor braced nave
roof of 1863. C18 butt purlir, aisle roof. 17 benches in nave dated 1627: single
poppyheads and incised decoration on top rails of backs. Early C18 octagonal
pulpit with carved cornice rail. Chancel screen late C14. 4 bays each side
of central opening above plain dado. Frieze of spiky tracery based on ogee
curves below top rail. Crown post chancel roof of 1863 on large arched braces.
Plain octagonal C14 font.
Listing NGR: TL6903499909
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings