History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Lynford, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4525 / 52°27'9"N

Longitude: 0.6904 / 0°41'25"E

OS Eastings: 582912

OS Northings: 287243

OS Grid: TL829872

Mapcode National: GBR QBG.7C3

Mapcode Global: VHJFP.XMB8

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 23 June 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1342616

English Heritage Legacy ID: 220980

Location: Lynford, Breckland, Norfolk, IP27

County: Norfolk

District: Breckland

Civil Parish: Lynford

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Santon Downham St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Brandon

Listing Text

TL 88 NW LYNFORD SANTON

11/33 Church of All Saints
23:6:60
II

Parish church. Nave rebuilt in 1628, chancel and probably tower of 1858.
Some re-used Medieval materials. Flint with stuccoed brick and some ashlar
dressings. Slate roofs. Aisleless nave with tower at south west corner
and north porch; chancel. C19 unbuttressed tower with an octagonal bell
stage. One blind lancet and one 2-light Y-traceried window to ground floor.
Bell stage with 4 lancet openings and a crenellated parapet. Nave of 1628
with stuccoed brick dressings. North wall with centrally placed semi-
circular headed doorway flanked by wide lancets. C19 timber porch on a
tall brick and flint plinth. Cusped barge board and arched open sides.
South side with one 2-light Y-traceried window. West wall with some brick
diapering and a 3-light Y-traceried window. C19 chancel with single lancets
to north and south and a pair of lancets with a quatrefoil to east. Interior
C17 octagonal pulpit with cock's head hinges. Elaborate C19 ceramic tiles
on east wall.


Listing NGR: TL8291287243

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.