This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4213 / 52°25'16"N
Longitude: 0.7837 / 0°47'1"E
OS Eastings: 589386
OS Northings: 284014
OS Grid: TL893840
Mapcode National: GBR RD9.0ZM
Mapcode Global: VHKCD.JDNN
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 16 July 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342788
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219862
Location: Kilverstone, Breckland, Norfolk, IP24
Civil Parish: Kilverstone
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Kilverstone St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TL 88 SE
7/37 Church of St Andrew
Parish church. C12, refurbished C14, restored 1906 by Boardman. Flint with
stone quoins and plaintile roof. Nave and chancel survive. Massive C12
round west tower of 3 storeys with plain parapet showing brick repairs.
C20 ground floor window to west. 3 simple round headed slit windows to
ringing chamber. 4 2-light belfry windows divided by octagonal or circular
solumns supporting round headed arches. Remains of scalloped capitals.
South porch and exterior detail C20. 2-light plate traceried nave and chancel
windows. East window 3-light in Decorated style. South door C12 with
flanking columns and foliate capitals. Square imposts and zig-zag and roll
decoration to round arch. Interior re-seated 1857, remainder mostly of 1906.
Base of Norman font with drop-leaf corners. Very fine Royal Arms in plaster-
work on west wall dated 1716 and coloured. Nave roof C20 is timber. Collars
to principals supported by arched braces springing from corbels, through
purlins. Chancel roof similar but moulded butt-purlins.
Listing NGR: TL8938684014
Other nearby listed buildings