This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4 / 52°23'59"N
Longitude: -1.5173 / 1°31'2"W
OS Eastings: 432935
OS Northings: 278102
OS Grid: SP329781
Mapcode National: GBR HCQ.NP
Mapcode Global: VHBWY.NY62
Entry Name: Free Grammar School king Henry Viii School
Listing Date: 24 June 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342934
English Heritage Legacy ID: 218598
Location: Coventry, CV3
Electoral Ward/Division: Earlsdon
Built-Up Area: Coventry
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Coventry Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
5105 WARWICK ROAD
Free Grammar School or
King Henry VIII School
SP 37 NW 17/389
1885 by Edward Burgess, enlarged 1889 and 1936, restored, after bomb damage, 1950.
Tudor style. Red brick, stone dressings, tiled roof. Central embattled tower
and octagonal turret. Long ranges of 2 storeys and attics either side. Ground
floor stone mullioned and transomed lattice casements, squared heads. 1st floor
windows with elliptically arched heads, no transoms. 3 gables on left, third projecting
with 2 storey canted bay. 1 gable on right, canted bay to side of turret; octagonal
turret between wing and later projecting addition in similar style with buttresses,
tall parapet screening roof.
Listing NGR: SP3293578102
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings