This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2278 / 52°13'40"N
Longitude: -1.0776 / 1°4'39"W
OS Eastings: 463099
OS Northings: 259247
OS Grid: SP630592
Mapcode National: GBR 9TW.BCK
Mapcode Global: VHCVM.88PH
Entry Name: Weedon United Reform Church
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342949
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360851
Location: Weedon Bec, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN7
Civil Parish: Weedon Bec
Built-Up Area: Weedon Bec
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Weedon Bec St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
WEEDON BEC CHURCH STREET
SP6359 (South side)
17/205 Weedon United Reform Church
Nonconformist chapel. Dated 1792. Ironstone ashlar and hipped slate roof. 2
bays. Entrance front has central leaded window with segmental arched head.
Similar windows above double-leaf 6-panel doors to left and right with
fanlights, segmental arched heads and pedimented hoods with dentilled cornice on
brackets. Datestone in central position below eaves inscribed 1792. Chamfered
plinth and moulded stone eaves. Interior: galleried on three sides with
octagonal columns and capitals of wood. Box pews. Panelled pulpit original but
lowered. Early C19 white marble wall monuments: John Spencer d.1808; Rev. Joseph
Gronow d.1816 signed by Whiting Northampton; Elizabeth Pinkerton d.1824 also by
Whiting. Forms a good group with the Old Manse (q.v.) to left.
Listing NGR: SP6309959247
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings