This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4683 / 52°28'6"N
Longitude: -1.923 / 1°55'22"W
OS Eastings: 405329
OS Northings: 285602
OS Grid: SP053856
Mapcode National: GBR 5VF.91
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.M783
Entry Name: 20, Highfield Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343052
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217283
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 0585 NW 39/24
Circa 1840 large detached stucco villa. Two storeys on a square 3 bay plan with
entrance front to Westbourne Crescent; rear way of circa 1855 along Highfield Road.
Main elevations have plinth, quoin pilasters, first floor plat band. Flat eaves
broken forward over pilasters. Hipped slate roof with stucco chimney stacks. First
floor windows in architrave, surrounds with cornices on consoles. The ground floor
of entrance front has former doorway (now window) with coupled pilasters, flanked by
canted bays, possibly of circa 1855, with dentil cornices and faceted keystones.
Present arched entrance in single storey annexe has reset panelled reveals. South-
west and north-west garden fronts have French windows in architrave surrounds on
ground floor, screened by fined verandahs of cast iron, 8 bays and 5 bays with leaded
tent roofs on scrollwork, coupled standards with openwork entablatures. Circa 1855
wing to Highfield Road has 4 windows in architrave surrounds and billiard room over
former coach house.
Listing NGR: SP0532985602
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings